Read Norton Security Installation Procedure. Norton Security is the latest computer software security suite developed by Symantec. It works on MS Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS platforms. It’s available in three editions, as Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe, and Norton Security Premium. Norton Security Standard protects 1 (one) device only. Norton Security Deluxe is good for up to 5 devices, while Norton Security Premium includes protection for up to 10 devices. More about comparing the three security software packages can be found at our Norton Security Editions Compared page. Below is more information about how to obtain your software after buying Norton Security. We also provide information about how to get the Norton product activation key, download software for additional devices, and how to reinstall Norton Security, if needed.
Norton Security Installation Procedure
Uninstall process on Windows based computers
This is an optional step, but needed if any previous security software installation exists. This includes Norton security products other than Norton Security, or security products of other software makers like Avast, Avira, AVG, McAfee, Kaspersky, Panda, Trend Micro, ESET, F-Secure, etc.
Uninstall process on Mac OS X computers
STEP 2 – Install Norton Security
- Use this URL to get you to your Norton Account: https://norton.com/setup
- Enter the email address and password associated with the account
- Click onto the Sign In button
- When logging in for the first time after purchase, or at any time from a device that does not have Norton Security installed, you may get prompted to select one of the two choices: Install on this device or Install on another device
- Click Agree & Download to get the software downloaded and installed onto your current device
- If you close the window from the above step, you can always get back to it by going into the Devices tab. In any case, Norton account interface is very intuitive and features the Download button in tabs like Home, Devices, or Services.
- When you download the software onto your computer, you get Norton’s downloader program. Once you run it, the download and installation of your security software will start. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once finished, Norton product will be installed and activated.
STEP 3 – Install Norton Security onto Additional Devices
If you need to install your Norton security software onto another device (computer or mobile), follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Norton Management console: https://manage.norton.com
- Right at your Management Home page, you’ll see a button that says Download Norton above which it says “Do you want to add more devices?“
- Click onto the button, select Install on another device tab, and follow the on-screen instructions (the procedure allows you to send installation link via email).
OPTIONAL – Retrieve Your Product Key
- For the Product key, log into your Norton Account,
- Click onto the Devices tab,
- Find the device you need a product key for and copy it by writing it down, or by doing highlight/copy/paste action. Product key can also be accessed from the Services tab.
OPTIONAL – Download Norton Security first, Install, then Activate
- Download Norton Security Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestns
Download Norton Security with Backup Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu
- Once you download the installation file, double click on it to start the Norton Security install.
- Click on the User License Agreement, be sure to read it in full, and then close it.
- Click on agree and install Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup.
- Activate your Norton Security installation by entering the activation code you copied from your Norton Account.
You can purchase Norton Security at a lower price when you shop via Most of the time we have instant discounts or coupon codes that can be used for additional savings. Save your money and get the best computer and mobile protection when you buy Norton Security software directly from Symantec.